Bowen, "a Waterfront Village"
Bowen's Corner History
Bowen’s Corner is a former rice plantation circa 1680 and an historic site in Hanahan, South Carolina. Occupied and farmed for more than 200 years, ownership of the land was assumed in 1784 by John Bowen, for whom Bowen’s Corner is named. The tract, originally called “Bowen’s Old Place,” was once part of the famed Middleton Oaks Plantation. Bowen was a member of the state legislature from 1796 - 1797 who also served under General Francis Marion during the American Revolution.
Small plots of land remained in the hands of families well into the modern era. In an effort to honor Bowen’s Corner’s long legacy as a refuge by the water’s edge, The Wrenn Group is committed to the preservation of the landscape and the historical nature of the project.